Saturday 19 September 2020

Review: Treacherous Is the Night

Treacherous Is the Night Treacherous Is the Night by Anna Lee Huber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Verity Kent and her recently returned from the dead husband are living a slightly uneasy life back in London, they've both been changed by the war and don't really know how to relate to each other. When Verity is dragged to seance, very much against her will, by one of her friends she is horrified to receive a message from one of her former contacts from the Secret Service, someone she thought was very much alive! When she tries to investigate the next day the building is on fire and the medium is dead. As Verity and Sidney dig deeper into the mysterious message from her colleague their journey takes them back to Belgium and the battlefields of France, followed by mysterious men and plagued by a series of fires.

I really enjoyed this, although I still haven't warmed to Sidney. My only gripe is that there were several typos which I would not expect in such an expensive book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...