Thursday 30 November 2017

Review: Home For Christmas

Home For Christmas Home For Christmas by Tracey Alvarez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is most definitely a holiday novella, we see all our old favourite families, the newly engaged, the newly wed, the just pregnant and the new parents. If you haven't read at least some of the preceding novels in this series you won't have a clue what is going on - this is definitely an ensemble piece rather than a stand-alone about one character.

Christmas Eve dawns on Oban and the weather (bearing in mind this is Summer in New Zealand) is bad so that Carly and Kip (Christmas with You) can't get away for their Christmas ski-ing in the USA and Bree and Harley (Drawing Me In) can't get away to their beach holiday with Bree's sister. Then the freezer at the pub breaks down and can't be fixed. Oh, and Mrs Betsy Taylor seems to have a mystery admirer who leaves thoughtful gifts on her doorstep.

So what we have is a small town New Zealand community Christmas, complete with hangi, in which Christmas presents are given and received and secrets revealed. For followers of this series it is just 133 pages of sheer joy.

I requested a free ARC copy of this book and I’m writing an honest review of it. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...