Friday 3 June 2022

Review: The Ballard Down Murder

The Ballard Down Murder The Ballard Down Murder by Rachel McLean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Prequel novella to the Dorset Crime series, free from the author's website.

DCI Tim Mackie has recently retired but his old Sergeant Dennis Frampton still hasn't got used to the change and likes to consult him on cases from time to time. When DCI Mackie fails to meet up for a pint and a chat one lunchtime Dennis is hurt but just thinks he's been forgotten. Until Tim's body is found at the foot of treacherous hills that night.

Dennis can't believe Tim would kill himself, but how can he naysay all the evidence?

As there are seven books in this series I don't think it will be a spoiler if I say I find the Superintendent's behaviour very suspect ...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Love in Provence

Love in Provence by Jo Thomas My rating: 4 of 5 stars If you ever wondered what happened to Del and Fabi...