Wednesday 13 March 2019

Review: Kiss Me at Willoughby Close

Kiss Me at Willoughby Close Kiss Me at Willoughby Close by Kate Hewitt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first book I have read in this series but I found it easy to read as a stand-alone.

Ava was married to a much older man, a millionaire, for five years. When her husband dies she finds out that he has left her a pittance in his will, the same amount as their new part-time cleaner, and his grown-up children waste no time in chucking her out of the family mansion. Ava moves into a cottage in Willoughby Close where she gets to know the other residents and the caretaker Jace. But for the first time Ava, a woman who has relied on her looks and charm for most of her life, is trying to stand on her own without a man to fix things. Can she find a job and make some friends?

I liked this but I felt there were a lot of loose ends that didn't get tied up (maybe fodder for the next book in the series) and the book ended very abruptly.

Excellent value for a kindle freebie, it was pleasant enough but didn't really have much of a plot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...