Wednesday 26 June 2019

Review: Wedding Season

Wedding Season Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sarah Stratford is a wedding planner, she enlists the help of Elsa, a talented dress designer, and Bron, a hairdresser and make-up artist, at the wedding of Ashlyn Lennox-Featherstone. Each meets a man at the wedding who will change their lives. There's Hugo the rakish photographer, Laurence the perpetual best man, and James the gardener.

As the women work on the cut-price wedding of Sarah's feckless sister, who just happens to be getting married on the same day as Sarah's latest client, a famous actress, each of them is on a journey to self-discovery and true love.

This is typical Katie Fforde, easy-going, set in bucolic English countryside, featuring lovely heroines and dashing heroes. Although Hugo does have a tendency to boss Sarah around it is less pronounced (and therefore less irritating) than in some other books. I was also delighted to see Rupert and Fenella and their ramshackle stately home - I read a short story featuring these two and I've wanted to read their story ever since -if anyone knows which one it is I'd be eternally grateful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...