Sunday 8 March 2020

Review: Phantom Stag

Phantom Stag Phantom Stag by Mark Hayden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Conrad and Vicky are called to the Forest of Arden when a hunter accidentally kills a human during the Royal Hunt to decide the new male leader of the Arden Foresters, conincidentally, the Priestess of the Arden Foresters is non-other than Chris Kelly's mother.

Told by Vicky the reader is treated to Fae, political machinations, feminism and an enslaved monk, all in a short novella.

It took me a while to get into this novella, just couldn't seem to get over the first few pages for some reason, but once I did (and it took me three of four attempts) I couldn't put it down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...