Sunday 3 May 2020

Review: The Undercover Cook

The Undercover Cook The Undercover Cook by Katie Fforde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Emily is a journalist for a local newspaper working undercover at a local restaurant trying to expose chef Theo Milton by posing as an intern. Unfortunately, while he might tear strips off the staff when they do things wrong Theo doesn't seem to be exploiting them, in fact Emily sees him performing some random acts of kindness. But as the job progresses Emily finds an unlikely affiliation for cooking and her boss.

This was sweet but OMG this was a short story not a novella, the actual story ended at 57% of my Kindle edition, the rest was taken up by chapter one of another Katie Fforde book so that gives you a yardstick to compare the length of the novella - about the same length as a normal chapter (8 minutes at my reading speed my trusty Kindle tells me). Ah, it's 26 pages so even at 99p it feels a bit steep.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...