Saturday 16 January 2021

Review: Blood Heir

Blood Heir Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where to begin? Well, if you haven't read the Kate Daniels series please don't start here, this book builds on everything that has happened in the past ten books and even having read them I forgot who some of the characters were!

Little Julie is now all grown up. A seer has had a dreadful vision. Moloch, a god who requires the sacrifice of human children, has been reborn/reincarnated and he will kill Kate unless Julie can stop him. Julie bought some time by attacking him and stealing his eye, but now he's back. Taking Moloch's eye and using it to replace the one that Moloch stole from her has transformed Julie physically. She no longer looks, sounds or smells like she did before. She also spent four years in stasis in another world while Moloch's eye brutally remade her body learning all that her grandmother, the ancient sorceress, can teach her. Julie now calls herself Aurelia Ryder.

Aurelia is dean back to Atlanta by the brutal murder of a local priest which is somehow linked with Moloch. She must avoid Kate and anyone who knows her in order to avoid fulfilling the deadly prophecy. But it's not easy when Aurelia is accosted by Ascanio's guards before she even enters Atlanta, is being stalked by Derek who has returned from Alaska, and has a pesky genius little brother on her tail.

I'll say no more - read it, it's wonderful. Without spoilering things can I say. (1) I never saw that coming! and (2) I totally knew it! and (3) thanks to the Ilona Andrews spoiler discussions for reminding me of the import of what he ate. Totally cryptic unless you've read it.

I may start rereading the entire Kate Daniels world series all over again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...