Monday 1 March 2021

Review: My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend

My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend by Annabelle Costa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Bailey is a divorced single mother, working as a social worker and barely making ends meet as her ex continues to believe that his band will one day make it big. Then her widowed father announces that he is getting married and he wants Bailey and her daughter Lily to spend the half-term week with him and his bride-to-be at her son's lake cottage.

All is great until Bailey arrives at the cottage to find that her father's fiancé is the mother of her college ex-boyfriend, and the cottage belongs to said ex-boyfriend Noah. No-one made the connection until it was too late, now Noah loathes Bailey and can't stop making snide comments, he even deliberately burns her burger! Bailey can't believe it, Noah is now a successful ER doctor with a swanky car, home in the city, boat and a lake-side cottage while she is sharing a bedroom with her six-year old daughter.

Told through flashbacks we learn how Bailey and Noah met, why they split and why Noah can't forgive her.

This was an enjoyable read, I guess it was a massive coincidence that Bailey's father and Noah's mother meet and fall in love but I thought the set up for why Noah hates Bailey (and why she acted the way she did) was pretty believable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...