Tuesday 30 November 2021

Review: Fated Blades

Fated Blades Fated Blades by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's Ilona Andrews, five stars, need I say more?

Ramona Adler and Matias Baena are leaders of their families, two of the three powerful Kinsmen genetically enhanced families that rule the planet Rada. Oh and they are also mortal enemies, for reasons buried in the mists of time. But what happens when your mortal enemy arrives at your door to tell you that your respective spouses have run off together, taking with them the top secret research into universe-altering technology which each family has been progressing.

Forced to work together to recover the technology, Ramona and Matias find that they have more in common that they originally thought.

My only gripe with this was that it was a novella/short novel, I would have been happier if it were the length of the unabridged War and Peace! Great characters, amazing fight scenes, detailed world building and back stories. I am constantly amazed at what this talented duo can achieve in such a small page count, nothing skimped, nothing omitted. Just lush!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...