Monday 7 March 2022

Review: An Argumentation of Historians

An Argumentation of Historians An Argumentation of Historians by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well what a difference a year or so makes!

Back in the day I started reading this, got to the point where Clive Ronan captures Max YET AGAIN, and gave up muttering darkly about 'rinse and repeat', 'same-same but different' and other saying which all amounted to me feeling like the St Mary's books had got stuck in a rut and nothing was being resolved.

But I requested the 13th book as an ARC and loved it so much I am randomly reading the missing books in no particular order (as they say on Strictly).

Max comes up with a cunning plan to lure Ronan to St Mary's when most of the team would be offsite at Persepolis, recording the moment when Alexander the Great decided to raze the city to the ground. Unfortunately, Max makes the mistake most beloved of all horror writers and decides to go off alone to record events, the inevitable happens and Max ends up stranded in medieval St Mary's with no money, no equipment and no tags to assist in a rescue.

Once I got over my hissy fit about Clive Ronan (which was literally a few more pages!!!!!) I loved this book. I really love the historical trips and an extended stay in medieval England was great to read.

It may have taken a time - but eventually I loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...