Monday 15 August 2022

Review: Rock Bottom Girl

Rock Bottom Girl Rock Bottom Girl by Lucy Score
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Marley returns to her small home town at 38 years old, she's lost her job (again) and been dumped. What's worse is that her mother has signed her up as the high school's temporary sports teacher and coach for the girl's soccer team. Everyone she ever went to school with is still living in small town Culpepper, the rich and mean are now older, rich and mean (and her nemesis lives next door to Marley's parents).

Marley knows nothing about soccer, and the girl's team is dreadful. But an unfortunate run-in with the school's coolest sexiest boy when she was a teenager, Jake Weston, who is now the boy's athletics coach, leads to a deal - he will teach her how to be a teacher and she will teach him how to be in a relationship.

I was in two minds going in to this, I thought it might be a bit too slapstick comedy for me. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of that, but there is also a plot and I really enjoyed this. Recommended for someone who wants an enemies-to-lovers, fake romance, small-town contemporary.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...