Saturday 10 December 2022

Review: Deadly Christmas

Deadly Christmas Deadly Christmas by Rachel McLean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's Christmas time in Birmingham and the team are hoping to get away for Christmas. Rhodri is going home to Wales, Connie's brother is home from uni, and so is Zoe's son.

On Sunday morning one of the street cleaners at the German Market in the city centre finds the body of a homeless man behind one of the cabins. At first the death just seems to be a tragedy, due to the cold, but the post-mortem indicates that the man has been poisoned ... with Thallium. Can DI Zoe Finch crack the case before Christmas?

This is a rather pleasant halfway house between a full-on detective novel and a holiday novella. There's a nosy neighbour, a homeless shelter and Zoe has to make a big decision soon. (BTW, can I just say I would much prefer Zoe and Adi as a couple).

Read on my Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...