Monday 5 December 2022

Review: Deadly Desires

Deadly Desires Deadly Desires by Rachel McLean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

DI Zoe Finch investigates when the bodies of two men are found mutilated in a bar in Birmingham's gay village. One died and one survives but has life-changing injuries and is unconscious. is this a homophobic attack? Who are these men? Why did the attacker mutilate the men like that?

This series is definitely starting to feel its feet, each book is a separate investigation but there is the overall police corruption and connection to organised crime arc which continues. The series walks the narrow line between cosy crime and what I term slasher serial killer crime with a diverse team of investigators, each with their own stories.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...