Friday 27 September 2024

Review: We Three Kings

We Three Kings We Three Kings by Kristen Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Maggie Field is head of a small IT team. Although initially horrified by the guys in the team, over the last four years she has gently smoothed some of their rough edges and now they are like family, united against the rest of the firm who banished IT to the basement and forgot about them (at least until they forget a password).

An only child, her parents have gone on a cruise for Christmas so Maggie was resigned to spending the holidays alone, until her team take it upon themselves to share their very different Christmas plans with her. First Maggie is Frank's 'plus one' at a family wedding, then she spends a few days with posh Jasper and his family at their stately home, and then she spends Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Leo and his family oop North.

But just before she leaves for Christmas, HR break the news to Maggie that she needs to make one of her team redundant. As she spends time with each of the guys she realises how much they each need their jobs, and how can she break such awful news at Christmas?

I read Kristen's last book Five Gold Rings, and although I enjoyed it it was a little too full-on for me, too many Christmas puns etc. Consequently, I was not sure whether to request an ARC when I saw this on NetGalley. I needn't have worried, whilst there is plenty of humour here, and it too is Christmas-based, it is altogether gentler, less frenetic.

Overall, a lovely, funny, holiday romance.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

Available on Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Canning Town Murder

The Canning Town Murder by Mike Hollow My rating: 4 of 5 stars The second outing for the Blitz detective...