Tuesday 19 September 2017

Review: Damien's Christmas

Damien's Christmas Damien's Christmas by M.L. Buchman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, it's taken me nearly a year to get around to reading this! Free in November 2016 Ides of Matt I believe.

I do love Matt's White House stories, they remind me of that wonderful world of The West Wing when the President and his staff were fighting the good fight and always had the best intentions.

Cornelia Day was the Vice President's Assistant, but now he's the President Elect she is moving up in the world as his nominated Chief of Staff. In her first day in the Situation Room she meets Marine Corps Situation Room Duty Officer Damien Feinman. Damien is an anomaly, a Marine who has served 10 years in a job that should be rotated every two years. Damien is just as fascinated by the unusual woman before him and the puzzle she poses.

This is most definitely a meeting of minds. Two highly intellectual, driven individuals at the peak of their careers, analytical and thoughtful they see far more than others around them. TBH, that would be enough for me but, because it's Christmas Matt gave us more. A mysterious meeting with an old enemy in an infamous New York deli provides clues to a potential terrorist attack. But where? And when?

This was deeply satisfying both as a Night Stalkers White House novella, a romance, a mystery AND a holiday story. Loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...