Friday 15 September 2017

Review: In Time for Christmas

In Time for Christmas In Time for Christmas by Monique Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A short Christmas novella in which Elizabeth and Simon have to go back in time to save Christmas by persuading a disenchanted Charles Dickens to write A Christmas Carol.

I liked this but my enjoment was slightly hampered by the fact that I loathe A Christmas Carol in all its shapes and forms. It's too schmaltzy and sickly sweet and unfortunately as Elizabeth and Simon show Dickens Christmases past and future in an attempt to Scrooge him they followed the same path.

So my rating of three stars is more indicative of the fact that this is an imaginative retelling of a story I dislike than of anything intrinsically wrong with the novella. It's all just a bit too Hallmark Christmas for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...