Monday 2 October 2017

Review: Stand-In Wife: Special Forces #2

Stand-In Wife: Special Forces #2 Stand-In Wife: Special Forces #2 by Karina Bliss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have no idea when or where I got this book!

This was a quirky fun read about adult twins where the single carefree twin Viv impersonates her separated with two children sibling Meredith after Merry breaks her shin. What starts off as a simple misunderstanding by the ex-husband Charlie's step-brother Ross soon spirals out of control.

I liked it because it was set in New Zealand (a bit different), I didn't know they had the SAS in New Zealand, so that was a learning point. Viv and Ross have a palpable chemistry and I adored Merry's domineering daughter Tilly (nicknamed Atilla by her doting uncle because of her bossy tendencies).

I see that this is an old Mills and Boon which has been re-released with a sexy cover (not this one obviously), I think it has weathered quite well (or been updated well) as I couldn't spot any references that would date it.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read and I will look out for the other books in the series as Ross' SAS team mates clearly also have their own stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...