Monday 11 June 2018

Review: The Lieutenants' Online Love (Mills & Boon True Love)

The Lieutenants' Online Love (Mills & Boon True Love) The Lieutenants' Online Love (Mills & Boon True Love) by Caro Carson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me say if it hadn't been for a Dear Author review here, I would never have read this book which would have been a pity. The old (and new) cover together with the Mills and Boon imprint would have turned me off. What do they say about not judging a book by its cover?

At heart this is a retelling/ reimagining of the film The Shop Around The Corner or the remake You've Got Mail. Thane Carter and Chloe Matthews have been corresponding using pseudonyms through an app for several months. She's BallerinaBaby and he's DifferentDrummer. Over the past few months the two of them have built up a wonderful friendship online based on shared taste in movies and humour. Little do they know that fate is going to bring them together as superior and subordinate MPs at Fort Hood. To add to the intrigue, they actually meet face to face at a block BBQ and really hit it off before Thane realised that the gorgeous woman he's been talking to MUST be the new duty MP in his brigade and therefore strictly off limits.

Just like the films it reimagine, in the book Thane is the one with all the knowledge, but it brings him a lot of pain too. I'm ashamed to say I had tears rolling down my face for at least the last 20 minutes of the book as Thane tries to protect Chloe's reputation by lying to her.

I loved it.

Edited because of numerous typos!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...