Wednesday 28 August 2019

Review: Sapphire Flames

Sapphire Flames Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Warning! Review lacks objectivity. Four and a half stars.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Catalina is now head of House Baylor, she gets brought in to bring a suicidal Prime down using her siren powers and gets drawn into investigating the death of his mother and sister. From the get go things don't seem to be on the up-and-up, then Catalina's teen crush Alessandro Sagredo turns up being less Eurotrash billionaire heartthrob and more deadly assassin (albeit a very sexy Italian one).

Soon House Baylor is embroiled in yet another mystery, all of our favourite family members have a part to play but the star of the show is Alessandro, I just love the way he keeps appearing on Catalina's bed, lolling like one of Shelly Laurenston's vain lion shifters, especially when he finds the heart-shaped glitter picture frame that Catalina's sisters filled with a picture of him from his instagram feed LOL.

I know I'm biased because I think I've read everything Ilona Andrews has published but I thought this was just great, I loved the plot and the romance and the mystery and I can't wait to see where the series goes next. (view spoiler)

Overall, it was worth the wait, I read it in less than a day and I love Ilona Andrews just as much as ever.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...