Wednesday 28 August 2019

Review: Shadow of Doubt

Shadow of Doubt Shadow of Doubt by Hailey Edwards
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

So this is the start of a spinoff from The Beginners Guide to Necromancy series by the same author which I have to confess I haven't read. Nevertheless, I found this an easy series to come into and I really enjoyed this book.

As was probably explained in the previous series, Hadley is a Necromancer (although she doesn't use what I would consider to be necromancer skills in the book), she is in line to be appointed Potentate of Atlanta and has fabricated a background to hide her real identity.

Her first case involves the grisly murder of a member of the Atlanta gwyllgi pack, the pack Beta, Midas Kinase appoints a deputy to work with (read spy on) Hadley as she investigates what turns out to be a serial killer/mass murderer of shifters whilst dealing with her attraction to Midas, her equally appealing deputy Ford and a submissive gwyllgi called Bonnie who shifts into a Corgi.

I've never heard of gwyllgi, but apparently they are a mythical Welsh dog similar to a Dire Wolf. I'm a sucker for urban fantasy detectives with a smidgen of romance and this was right up my alley. Can't wait for the second book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...