Sunday 8 December 2019

Review: Marked

Marked Marked by Alex Hughes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the first two books several years ago and never got into the third one. Then a long holiday and ennui with all my other books made me come back to this one.

Adam Ward was a high level telepath who was kicked out of the Guild for drug taking. Nowadays he freelances for the Atlanta PD working to pay off his debt to the Guild. Then his ex, Kara, calls him in distress. Her uncle has died, the Guild think it was suicide and they also think he was mad, even worse the madness seems to be spreading. Kara wants Adam to prove her uncle wasn't mad and that he didn't kill himself. Drawn against his will into Guild politics Adam is ostracised by the police and could end up losing everything. On the bright side, he has a date with Detective Cherabino.

I really enjoy this alternate reality where humans and telepaths are in an uneasy truce, tech is shunned and telepaths make their own rules.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...