Sunday 12 April 2020

Review: Sunny Days and Sea Breezes

Sunny Days and Sea Breezes Sunny Days and Sea Breezes by Carole Matthews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jodie Jackson has left her husband and her high-flying interior design job in trendy Shoreditch and retreated to her brother's newly renovated houseboat on the Isle of Wight. What she craves is peace and quiet, a time to reflect and heal her metaphorical wounds, instead she gets a loud, colourful cleaner called Marilyn, a nextdoor neighbour who likes to carve with a chainsaw and a guy who pretends to be a statue.

It seems that what Jodie wants isn't what she really needs, soon the stresses and strains of her life in London are replaced by yoga on the beach and the Isle of Wight festival, but just as her life seems to be turning around her old life comes a-calling.

I enjoyed this novel, not least because I think this is the first novel I can recall reading which is set on the Isle of Wight. However, I thought it was also very predictable. But definitely a lovely summer romance read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...