Thursday 16 April 2020

Review: Wolf's Curse

Wolf's Curse Wolf's Curse by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Conclusion of this two part novel.

So, at the end of the last book, (view spoiler)our plucky group of teenagers were alone in the woods.

The action in this concluding half (although to me it felt much longer and more substantial than the first half) is almost relentless. There are tricksy bargains with demons, a Hansel and Gretel feel about the creepy cottage, some very earnest discussions of sexuality in all its forms which (as others have said more eloquently and from a more personal perspective) felt a little forced and almost too Pc (eg the black kid, the gay kid, the kid who has been bullied by their so-called friends, the kid who isn't sure, etc). In addition, I don't think there is anyone who isn't/hasn't pretended to be someone/something that they aren't.

Putting all that aside, this was a supernatural romp akin to a cheesy teenage horror film from my youth and I loved it. There, it was fun and fast-paced and I got to see Derek and Chloe and Paige and Savannah again (yey). This is definitely YA/NA but hey, who cares if you enjoy it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...