Wednesday 3 June 2020

Review: The Good, The Bad And The Dumped

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped The Good, The Bad And The Dumped by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved Jenny Colgan's latest book 500 Miles from You and decided to start reading her back-catalogue. However, I have to say this book left me feeling meh.

Posy Fairweather is living with her boyfriend Matt a fitness instructor but when he proposes she doesn't feel quite the way she ought, when Matt retracts his proposal a few days later Posy sets out on a mission to meet her previous serious boyfriends to see where it all went wrong.

On paper the plot seems like a great idea, especially because Posy's boyfriends tend to the extreme ends of the spectrum, but in reality it fell flat for me, maybe because I found all of the characters pretty unlikable, including Posy. And in the way of so many 'romantic comedies' I felt that Posy was the only character who had to change, despite the other characters also having myriad faults.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...