Sunday 2 August 2020

Review: The Best Next Thing

The Best Next Thing The Best Next Thing by Natasha Anders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Charity Cole's husband was a monster but no-one would believe her if she told them, so she has changed her name and given up her career to be a housekeeper for a billionaire at his holiday home. Her boss and his family rarely visit so she can stay holed up, rarely venturing into town, hidden away from the world.

Miles Hollingsworth is a self-made billionaire who looks after his family as best he can, but after he nearly died from a virus he ignored, the doctor has advised him to take a complete break for several weeks and Miles decides to stay in his holiday home where the dour Mrs Cole keeps everything running with military precision. But when he arrives unexpectedly, he finds that the woman he has always seen as a middle-aged, repressed, buttoned-up, automaton is actually a gorgeous woman with amazing legs helping herself to a snack from his refrigerator.

Cut off in the house by storms and the bridge being washed away Miles and Charity give in to their passion, but can they keep this as a holiday romance?

See my other recent reviews, I've been a bit of a Debbie-downer and I've DNF'd more books than I would like, so at least I finished this one, right? I just didn't feel this one, I am so tired of abusive exes and billionaires and contrived situations, I love Natasha Anders but this one was just okay for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...