Tuesday 20 October 2020

Review: All's Fair in Love and Chocolate

All's Fair in Love and Chocolate All's Fair in Love and Chocolate by Amy Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Vivian Dawson works for the upmarket chocolate chain Delish, which sits midway between your chainstore (newsagent/drugstore/supermarket shelf) and high end, the sort of chocolate you can afford to eat every week. Having grown up in small town America her greatest desire was to travel, travel, travel, and as the manager responsible for opening new, small-town, branches that's exactly what she does. A new town every six months.

A steamy one-night stand while location shopping in Marietta becomes a tad awkward when the hottie turns out to be the local deputy sheriff Reuben Price. Reuben and Vivian are polar opposites, he left Marietta and saw the US, but chose to return to small-town Montana, she is a rolling stone with no intention of settling in a small town. but the sparks are flying and the sex is H.A.W.T.

I read the blurb and auto-clicked because I love Amy Andrews, but I have to say I was a bit worried about the cosy factor, Christmas, small-town, chocolate? It has Hallmark special written all over it. I needn't have worried, Amy Andrews brings to sizzle to all her books and this is no exception. It might be Christmas, there might be a hot chocolate town competition but whoo-whee there's spice and steam. Imagine Hallmark after the watershed ...

If you like your chocolate with a hint of chilli then this could be the book for you.

I received this book from the publisher Tule in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...