Wednesday 14 October 2020

Review: Deal with the Devil

Deal with the Devil Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the near future the US is run by TechCorps. The Silver Devils were genetically altered super soldiers, led by Captain Garrett Knox, he may have done any number of unconscionable things for TechCorps but he always tried to do it with the least collateral damage. When he questions orders TechCorps ceased giving the Devils the drugs required to regulate their implants and Knox had to watch their medic, Mace, die in front of his eyes. Shortly after that the remaining Devils cut out their implants and disappeared into the ether, they may be living on borrowed time but at least they are free.

NIna, Maya and Gina were also genetically enhanced. Having escaped their lives, sometimes by faking their own deaths, they live in Atlanta printing books for local residents, desperate to preserve knowledge and freedom.

Knox approaches Nina with a deal, the location of a secret book storage site, but he has an ulterior motive that involves double-cross and betrayal.

If you're a sucker for a dystopian romance, super soldiers and enhanced females, fights and steamy encounters then I think I've found your next read. I'm sold, sign me up for the series. And oh, my, god the epilogue ...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...