Thursday 31 December 2020

Review: The Cool Aunt

The Cool Aunt The Cool Aunt by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How many books are there, let alone 12 page short story/snippets, that lead you to buy a lipstick? Not many in my case but as soon as I read Arabella's description of her Chanel lip balm I knew I had to have it - even better, I wasn't disappointed!

If you read Emerald Blaze then you will know that the book ended on what I described as a humongous WTF at the end that will have you gnashing your teeth and wishing you could travel through time to read the next book RIGHT NOW. Well no need, I believe that The Cool Aunt was a freebie in the print version of the book which was released shortly afterwards as a freebie on the website. It resolves those WTF issues and shows Nevada giving birth and what happens next.

Ilona Andrews never cease to amaze me, the storytelling they fit into 12 short pages is a miracle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...