Tuesday 22 December 2020

Review: Tales from the Folly: A Rivers of London Short Story Collection

Tales from the Folly: A Rivers of London Short Story Collection Tales from the Folly: A Rivers of London Short Story Collection by Ben Aaronovitch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How to describe this anthology? First, if you are new to the world of Peter Grant and the Rivers of London series I DO NOT recommend reading this to see if you like the premise. This is a mixture of short stories, vignettes and tantalising ideas featuring Peter and some of the minor characters from the novels, some written at the request of the British bookshop Waterstones, others for specific purposes like the London 2012 Olympics (although I believe that may also have been at the request of Waterstones).

Some stories I had read before, others were new to me. At the current reduced price of £1.99 I thought it was very good value but I think I would balk at paying the full price for something which is only 227 pages long and includes some material which is already available FOC on Ben's website.

Having had my obligatory moan about the price of ebooks, if you love the Rivers of London then I think you will enjoy meeting stroppy ghosts, a Christmas spirit, seeing the 'birth' of two rivers, and meeting the original Dedicated Follower of Fashion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...