Thursday 31 December 2020

Review: Miss You More

Miss You More Miss You More by Anne McAllister
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

Jack Masterson and Celina Harris fell in love fast and got married even faster. But the wheels came off their romance when Celina couldn't handle the rock 'n roll lifestyle. Two years later they are divorced but have been thrown together at the wedding of Jack's best friend the Prince of the tiny principality of San Michele, where Celina happens to be the personal assistant to San Michele’s Serene Dowager Margaret.

Jack's over his self-righteous anger and wants to explain to the only woman he's ever loved what really happened, if only she'd sit still long enough to listen. Maybe the forced proximity of a wedding party is just the opportunity he needs?

I liked this but I didn't love it. I felt that the truth behind the incident that caused the breakup was pretty weak - even if I knew the truth and my husband wasn't a famous rock star I'd be pretty ticked off. There are far better ways of achieving the same objective. Similarly, Jack's abrupt decision that he wasn't good enough for Celina felt equally manufactured.

Having said that, this was a sweet, fun romance. I mean European royalty mixing with rock stars? What's not to love right?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...