Wednesday 7 April 2021

Review: Dandy Gilver and the Unpleasantness in the Ballroom

Dandy Gilver and the Unpleasantness in the Ballroom Dandy Gilver and the Unpleasantness in the Ballroom by Catriona McPherson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dandy and Alec are brought to Glasgow to investigate vague threats being made to a debutante and are drawn into the world of competitive ballroom dancing. Professional rivalries, a previous death, hints of Glasgow mobsters all come together in a sparkling mystery. Dandy and Alec's investigations uncover the sordid underbelly of ballroom dancing and they learn that some people will do whatever it takes to make it to the top.

I have to confess I was mildly disappointed initially that this wasn't set in some aristocratic ballroom but as the tensions mount and the perpetrators sordid motives are revealed this ranks as one of the most enjoyable of these mysteries I have read so far.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...