Monday 12 April 2021

Review: The War Priest

The War Priest The War Priest by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Callum McCrae was a priest of Saint Casimir until the death of the leader of the Bear Clan catapulted him into leader of the Burnt Amber Bears. now he's returned to a Hold he barely knows, leading a people he doesn't understand and all he wants to do is return to his life of devotion.

Joss Bristow is a lynx shifter and singer, ever since she first saw Callum she has felt a visceral attraction to the dour Bear leader but he barely even notices her (I am now slightly obsessed by how many times I've used the word barely in this review). Joss manages to invite herself to Burnt Amber hold to improve morale just as the Gols lay siege to the Hold.

Callum and Joss can't be any more different but somehow Joss' presence makes his burden a little easier to bear (OMG I've done it again), she sees him in a way that no-one else does and her voice soothes his soul. The trouble is Callum has been told that his love is overpowering and oppressive and he is afraid to love again. There's also the pesky matter of his vows.

While the romance between these two is just lovely it is actually the fight scenes and the battle against the Gol that kept me enthralled, I cannot wait for the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...