Wednesday 7 April 2021

Review: The Summer Job

The Summer Job The Summer Job by Lizzy Dent
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 8%.

Birdie has run away from her life and is trying out someone else's. That sounds fun right? Unfortunately, I just found the whole premise of someone trying to pretend to a Michelin starred restaurant in a luxury Scottish hotel that you are a world-expert sommelier to be so far-fetched I couldn't get past it. I don't know why I could have accepted someone pretending to be an interior designer but not a sommelier, but there you are.

Obviously my fault for requesting a book with such a preposterous premise, I tried a few times over the last five months to engage with the book but I couldn't get over it.

I was invited to read this book by the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...