Wednesday 26 May 2021

Review: To All the Footballers I Loved Before: A fangirl sports romance

To All the Footballers I Loved Before: A fangirl sports romance To All the Footballers I Loved Before: A fangirl sports romance by C.M. Kars
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Canadian Maddie Chase has loved football (or soccer) ever since she was a little girl and now she has a chance to play professionally for the fictional team of Southgate United. One of her football heroes, Jesse Windmeier plays for the men's team so while she is recovering from knee surgery she gets Jesse, who is also recovering from injury, to train her.

Turns out that Jesse, who has just transferred to Southgate, is lonely and soon the two of them move from snark to friendship. But no matter how devastatingly attractive Jesse is, Maddie must keep her eyes on the prize. She hasn't spent 15 years training to be distracted by love.

This had a similar vibe to Bend It Like Beckham, but without the cultural interest. In fact, this book mainly seemed to be about Jesse cooking Maddie dinner and driving her to practice. It was very sweet and very PG-appropriate, lots of cuddling but compared to something like, say Kulti, its nowhere near the same league (pun very definitely intended).

I would say this is squarely aimed at the teenage market (for which I am about 40 years too late).

Also, I just gotta know, who gave Jesse the black eye and why?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...