Monday 11 October 2021

Review: What They Knew

What They Knew What They Knew by Marion Todd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The fourth instalment of this Scottish police procedural series.

It's New Year's Eve and for one woman it will be her last night on earth, her late night visitor has more than just Bombay Mix and prosecco in mind. When DI Clare Mackay is called in to investigate it looks like a tragic accident, falling asleep in the bath and drowning after too much alcohol. But the neighbour who found the body is convinced that there are several things that are out of character her precise neighbour. Then the SOCO team point out that there is a corkscrew on the kitchen side with a cork, but no bottle of wine or glasses. Then the pathologist mentions another case of drowning with some similarities - could this be a serial killer?

I enjoyed this one, again there were some things which I as a reader picked up on quicker than the police investigation team, but then I'm reading a crime novel and I know the deaths are murders and they are linked!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...