Thursday 30 December 2021

Review: Five Leaf Clover

Five Leaf Clover Five Leaf Clover by Mark Hayden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

It's been over a year since I read the last book in the series and I have to confess I am just as confused (if not more) about who's who so I would definitely counsel against starting the series with this book LOL.

Some fae and other magick users have been perpetrating despicable crimes using information gleaned from an ancient text called the Codex Defanatus. A book which Conrad Clarke's ancestor thought he had hidden for all time. To stop further foul magic being performed against humans and other lesser fae, Conrad must track down who kept Morwenna Mowbray as a serf for years and performed forbidden magic to give her the appearance and memories of other beings.

Conrad's quest takes him to Ireland to confront two fae queens, he'll have to be extra Conrad to weave his way through the trickery of fae politics when (like Jackie Weaver of 2021 zoom fame) he has no jurisdiction.

Very much like my review of the last book, I feel that this had a cast of thousands, most of which I can no longer distinguish from one another, and seemed like a filler leading towards a final showdown soon.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...