Friday 31 December 2021

Review: A Christmas Feast

A Christmas Feast A Christmas Feast by Katie Fforde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An anthology of stories written by Katie Fforde.

I have to say that while I enjoy a Katie Fforde novel occasionally, I am aware that she has a motif which can become a tad repetitive. Unfortunately, reading a series of short stories brings that into sharp focus, the shorter the story the less I liked it as a general rule of thumb as without character development and background details everything was a bit of a caricature.

However, in the foreword Katie Fforde suggests that these are little snippets to read when you manage to get 15 minutes to yourself in the chaos that is Christmas and I can see that it would work well for that idealised setting where everyone lives in a small cottage in the Cotswolds (or equivalent) and somehow has to conjure up Christmas dinner for 16 people on an hour's notice with a can of peaches and a bottle of cherry brandy. Sorry. my snark is strong today.

Anyway, my advice is read one a day as a palate cleanser or if everyone is grinding you down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...