Wednesday 10 May 2023

Review: A Blind Eye

A Blind Eye A Blind Eye by Marion Todd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

three and a half stars.

DI Clare Mackay and her team are called in when a ranger finds a car abandoned in the woods with what looks like a body inside. When they gain entry the detectives discover that the man has been murdered, his throat brutally slashed. The victim turns out to be a mild-mannered conveyancing solicitor called Harry Richards, whose wife had both reported him missing and complained about a stalker lurking outside recently.

Shortly afterwards, Harry's colleague's wife dies in a car accident - are the two deaths linked? Is there a vendetta against the law firm?

I do enjoy this series, the way the plot comes together, the mixture of personal lives and police investigations. However, in this case I did feel that solving the case relied very heavily on a Ta-Da moment rather than solid police legwork. but looking back at my review of the previous book in the series I can see that this is not a trend - and let's be honest sometimes it is just a stroke of luck that makes things happen - so I won't let it drag my review down.

Still an autobuy/request. What is it about Scottish crime books that is so addictive?

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...