Thursday 25 May 2023

Review: The Lover of the Grave

The Lover of the Grave The Lover of the Grave by Andrew Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Warning, there is some historically authentic language which may offend modern readers (as an aside, I remember this word being used when I was a child and yet when I read it on the page I was seriously shocked - it just goes to show that society really can evolve).

A man is found hanged in the aptly named Hanging Tree with his trousers pulled down around his ankles, initially thought to be a local farmer it turns out to be his twin brother who was a school teacher at the local private school. Add in a peeping Tom, a Hollywood film star trying to go incognito, secret affairs, pregnancies, secret babies. It's book three in this engaging series featuring Detective Inspector Thornhill and reporter Jill Francis.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...