Friday 12 May 2023

Review: Rock Hard

Rock Hard Rock Hard by Nalini Singh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After suffering in an abusive relationship Charlotte Baird is quiet, unassuming and introvert, something her boss takes shameless advantage of. When Gabriel Bishop, former rugby player turned entrepreneur slash business wunderkind takes over the company where Charlotte works she is terrified for her job, Gabriel might be a tad shouty and physically intimidating, but he has a good head for business and he can see who's doing most of the work. But when someone physically dominant works with someone timid and submissive things can get out of hand.

I suspect this was written in the FSoG time period, I just can't imagine that anyone would think it necessary to constantly grasp a woman around the neck, especially one who had been hospitalised and nearly killed by a psychotic ex. Maybe I'm over the BDSM-vibe, maybe I was never into it, but I just found the need for both of them to make her feel comfortable with him grasping the nape of her neck was problematic for me.

Overall, I was expecting either a rock-star or a rugby player romance and got neither, it felt more old-school 1980s romance with the dominant CEO pushing around his timid assistant.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...