Saturday 24 June 2023

Review: Always On My Mind

Always On My Mind Always On My Mind by Beth Moran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Jessie returns home to Sherwood Forest after a decade of bad decisions and running from the tragedy of prom night she feels like a failure, no home, no job, no money (in fact the exact opposite), forced to live with her twin brother and his mate in their ramshackle frat house apology. Then to make it even worse Jessie finds our her landlord and housemate is none other than Elliot, the boy she kissed at prom, the boy who suffered a traumatic brain injury that night that she blames herself for.

Working as the events co-ordinator for her parents' Day Centre for older residents whilst helping out in her brother's wedding business at weekends, Jessie is just about keeping her head above water. Then her brother and his friends ask her to help with their frankly abysmal dating skills, they've each fallen for a woman and need help to become viable boyfriend candidates.

I liked this but I didn't love it. I found it hard to believe that Jess, who had failed at everything pretty spectacularly, could possibly give advice to three men who otherwise seemed to have their lives together.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...