Friday 15 September 2023

Review: The Lighthouse Murders

The Lighthouse Murders The Lighthouse Murders by Rachel McLean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In a bizarre twist DS Dennis Frampton has been arrested for the murder of his former boss DCI Mackie, even though his death was treated as suicide for nearly two years.

Poor Lesley is having to manage multiple assignments without her right-hand man. The latest murder involves a body draped over the bulb in a lighthouse at Portland Bill. Even more surprising is that the body turns out to be that of a criminal who Zoe Finch put away for child grooming and other offences. He was recently being moved from the local prison when the convoy was ambushed and he was spirited away, only to be found dead.

I am writing my reviews out of order but I think my gripes about the last book in this series apply equally to this one. (view spoiler)

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...