Monday 4 September 2023

Review: The Promise of Forever: A completely heartbreaking Irish novel

The Promise of Forever: A completely heartbreaking Irish novel The Promise of Forever: A completely heartbreaking Irish novel by Brooke Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a teenager, in March 2000, Dee and her best friend Lainey were sent to Gaelic school on the tiny island off the coats of Ireland of Cloch Bheag. Dee can't think of anything more boring, she'd much rather be in Dublin than spending three weeks at school in the middle of nowhere. But that short period of time changed her life, because it brought Dee into contact with the O'Connell family and the three sons, Sean, Fionn and Oisin.

A sweeping story spanning twenty years, this is the tale of the one she loved, the one she married, and the one who died… I honestly can't tell you any more than that without revealing any details, suffice it to say even writing this review I'm welling up. I think the blurb sets it up very well, maybe its stupid of me to wish that it had ended differently. Sorry, just had to go and get a tissue and blow my nose. It is most definitely heart-breaking.

I received an ARC from the publisher Storm via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...