Thursday 14 September 2023

Review: Seeing Other People

Seeing Other People Seeing Other People by Diana Reid
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 19%.

I've tried reading this three times but the characters just don't speak to me. It sounds odd to say so early on that I find them mildly repellent, but I do.

Having read so little I can't say much about the plot, its post-COVD lockdowns. Helen is a struggling actress in a play in a small theatre who has fallen in love with the director, they hooked up on opening night but Helen has heard nothing romantic from her since. Helen lives in a sort of party squat with questionable hygiene. Her sister Eleanor has just broken up with her boyfriend.

That's about it, a fifth of the way through and I have no more. Perhaps as this is recommended for fans of sally Rooney I am not its target audience as I didn't really get the point of Normal People.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...