Friday 5 January 2024

Review: The Hidden Graves of St Ives

The Hidden Graves of St Ives The Hidden Graves of St Ives by Sally Rigby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three and a half stars.

This is the second book in a series, I haven't read the first one but this was easy to read as a standalone.

DI Lauren Pengelly and DS Matt Price lead a small team of detectives in St Ives, Cornwall. When one of the team asks if she can make some enquiries for a neighbour whose wife didn't come home from a trip to the shops, Lauren gives the go-ahead, there's nothing much going on. But shortly thereafter another woman goes missing, there are no obvious connections between them, but the second disappearance makes finding the first woman all the more urgent. Then a third woman goes missing. Could there be a serial killer in St Ives?

This was an interesting mystery. I thought the similarity between the women was quite obvious, but I didn't spot the link. Lauren was quite a prickly character ad in contrast Matt was a bit too perfect - always the voice of reason. Also some of the decisions made during the undercover operation were questionable.

Overall I enjoyed the story and would definitely read more in the series.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...