Wednesday 3 January 2024

Review: Time to Choose

Time to Choose Time to Choose by Jan Turk Petrie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Its 2036, Ollie and Vega are precocious teenagers. Tom is scratching a living making sculptures and finding lost objects/pets as a side line(view spoiler).

Tom is approached by a mother, her adult son, a City trader, has gone missing. The police suspect he fell into the Thames whilst drunk/committed suicide, but she is convinced that even if he was drunk he was a strong swimmer and could have swum to safety. She ridicules the idea of suicide, he had just been given a large bonus and had been celebrating with his colleagues all night. Tom fully intends to refuse the assignment, it's too dangerous and could expose his abilities to the wider world, but surely it wouldn't hurt to travel back a few days and see what really happened ... would it?

I'll be honest, this was my least favourite of the four books. Vega was a brat (although most thirteen-year old girls are), no-one seemed to recognise what a nice guy Ollie was, and Tom seemed to have become completely ineffectual; I get that his children far surpass him in abilities but to make him such a blundering fool was unkind. Overall, this book raised more questions that answers, there seemed to be too many storylines, and I didn't feel the love for the characters like I did in the previous books.

Read on my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...