Sunday 18 February 2024

Review: The Love Interest

The Love Interest The Love Interest by Victoria Walters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Liv Jones is a university librarian with a passion for romance and Mr Darcy in particular. After an unfortunate incident at a party when they were much younger, she and her brother's best friend Aidan Rivers are practically sworn enemies. So when her brother invites Aidan to share their flat when he moves to London Liv is furious, especially when she discovers that he is going to be a lecturer at her university! The trouble is, with his entrancing Irish accent, his dashing good looks and his ridiculous charm Aidan is the spitting image of Mr Darcy and just happens to be the (unknowing) model for the hero in Liv's very own attempt at writing a romance novel.

When her brother is injured in a road accident, Liv and Aidan are left alone in the flat, and soon the needling seems less like dislike and more like sparks, but since Aidan is so much more experienced than Liv is she reading too much into things?

I started reading this and left off about halfway through. When I picked it up again a few weeks later I couldn't remember anything about the plot and I think that probably sums up my feelings about this novel. It was pleasant and I can imagine reading it lying beside a pool on my summer holidays, but nothing really sang to me.

Just read my notes from when I broke off reading, apparently Liv is only working part-time but apparently has an amazing wardrobe and walks to work in four inch heels - in London? Is she mad?

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Also available on Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Winter Lost

Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs My rating: 4 of 5 stars Mercy hasn't recovered from what the artefact...