Thursday 23 May 2024

Review: Murder at Land's End

Murder at Land's End Murder at Land's End by Sally Rigby
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The third outing for DI Lauren Pengelly and DS Matt Price. It felt like I had missed out a book but GR reliably informs me that I have read the second book. One of the things I didn't like about the second book was that Lauren was quite a prickly character and in contrast Matt was a bit too perfect - always the voice of reason. Luckily in this book that has been toned down, the team are working together better and Lauren has relaxed somewhat.

A young woman's body is fond on the rocks at Land's End, her body staged, with a piece of fishing line wrapped around her neck, and a line from a poem typed on a piece of paper found in her mouth. AS they investigate the death they uncover a secret job, and a cheating boyfriend. Then a second woman, a former friend of the first woman is found dead in identical circumstances - could there be a serial killer?

I enjoyed reading this, although I question whether the police would just randomly arrest people for murder without more than just vague circumstantial evidence. However, the ending fell a little bit flat for me, maybe too abrupt?

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

Available on Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Gold Digger

Gold Digger by Susie Tate My rating: 4 of 5 stars THIS DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! Sorry about the shouting, b...