Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Review: Comfort Read

Comfort Read Comfort Read by Dylan Morrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kit Forrest owns a quirky historic bookshop in Cedar Falls called Sawyer's Books, much used in tv and films as a backdrop. Unfortunately it needs far more work done on it than he ever imagined when he bought is as a surprise engagement present for his then boyfriend. The boyfriend not only rejected Kit's proposal, he broke up with him and left town. Leaving Kit broke, single, and homeless.

Eighteen months later, Kit is desperately trying to get a loan to cover the necessary repairs before the town condemns the property without success. Then, following an interview filmed at the bookshop, he receives a surprising offer from Hollywood superstar Sage Ballard - be his fake boyfriend to make a reluctant investor bankroll his adaptation of a much-loved fantasy book by proving that Sage is grounded, and in return Sage will pay for the necessary repairs to the bookshop. Fake boyfriend to one of the hottest men on the planet, who also happens to be Kit's childhood crush from when he starred in a tv sitcom? Sign him up stat, even if Sage does seem to be a bit of a drama llama!

Despite all the press coverage of Sage's recent bad-boy behaviour he turns out to be a charming guy, and maybe just a little bit shy. Once Kit gets over being star-struck he treats Sage just like any other guy. From red carpet dates, and dinners at Michelin starred restaurants, to Thanksgiving with Kit's out-there family the two are getting closer and closer.

I think we can all see where the conflict is going to arise and I have to confess it did irritate me a little bit but it was resolved really well and overall I loved the book so much. loved Kit, loved Sage that I am willing to let it go (big of me LOL).

Anyway, if you love a small-town bookshop fake romance with a film star then you'll love this. And now I see that I have also read and loved two other books by this author!

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Comfort Read

Comfort Read by Dylan Morrison My rating: 4 of 5 stars Kit Forrest owns a quirky historic bookshop in ...